AMPS believes Malibu will meet all nine criteria for school district reorganization established by California
Education Code §35753(a):
(1) The reorganized districts will be adequate in terms of number of pupils enrolled.
(2) The districts are each organized on the basis of a substantial community identity.
(3) The proposal will result in an equitable division of property and facilities of the original district or
(4) The reorganization of the districts will preserve each affected district's ability to educate students in an
integrated environment and will not promote racial or ethnic discrimination or segregation.
(5) Any increase in costs to the state as a result of the proposed reorganization will be insignificant and
otherwise incidental to the reorganization.
(6) The proposed reorganization will continue to promote sound education performance and will not
significantly disrupt the educational programs in the districts affected by the proposed reorganization.
(7) Any increase in school facilities costs as a result of the proposed reorganization will be insignificant
and otherwise incidental to the reorganization.
(8) The proposed reorganization is primarily designed for purposes other than to significantly increase
(9) The proposed reorganization will continue to promote sound fiscal management and not cause a
substantial negative effect on the fiscal status of the proposed district or any existing district affected by
the proposed reorganization.
You can become involved in the movement for an independent Malibu School District by supporting us, endorsing us, becoming an active AMPS member, volunteering, attending our meetings and/or making a donation. Your participation and support will help AMPS make Malibu schools the best they can be.